Not a Mirrorless in sight….

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ericbowles
ericbowles Senior Member • Posts: 1,605
Re: F-mount on a Mirrorless Z

michaeladawson wrote:

That’s not why pros aren’t switching to mirrorless. An F mount mirrorless wouldn’t perform any better than the current Z bodies. Until you get both the EVF and AF up to what the pros from a DSLR they won’t be switching.

This is far from correct.  I only know of one top Nikon pro out of more than two dozen I've interviewed that has not bought at least one Z camera.  Most of them are using either all Z systems or hybrid systems with the D850, D5 or D6 used for fast action.  I'm also seeing some remarkable work with pros using the Z6II or Z7II for action - like Michelle Valberg's use of the 500 PF with the TC20E III teleconverter and FTZ for action.  She uses it because it's completely silent and does not spook the loons on her lake.  And the Z6II and Z7II will focus accurately with a combination that is f/11 wide open.

-- hide signature --
 ericbowles's gear list:ericbowles's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow