Olympus E-M10 M2: identify the problem

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nick78 New Member • Posts: 12
Olympus E-M10 M2: identify the problem

Hello, I have bought a non functioning camera (Olympus OMD E-M10 Mark II) for cheap, and I would like to try my hand in repairing it. But I have trouble figuring out what the problem is.

The camera has no apparent trace is a shark or fall or anything, it looks pretty much brand new. There is a lens with it as well, 14 to 42 mm kit pancake, the doesn't work either. No traces of shock neither, it looks quite new as well.

For the camera:

It doesn't switch on when I put a functioning battery in it, and turn on there switch, doesn't light up and it doesn't make any noise like a normal camera. Neither the viewfinder no the screen show anything. Can it be a case of faulty on switch? Or a software problem? Do you know how to check or reinitialise this software without turn on the camera?

For the lens:

The contacts on the mount are clean and no traces of impact or any signs of a problem. When I put the lens on a functioning camera and I turn it on, the lens opens up starts making sounds as if it was trying to focus and then turns off with "problem with the lens" message. As far as I can see and hear, the focusing mechanism and zoom mechanism are working ok. Can it be a software issue as well? Can you reinitialise the software of the lens?

Any ideas or experiences?

Thank you!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow