Turkey Vultures, Southern California

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dann-Oh Regular Member • Posts: 469
Turkey Vultures, Southern California

I was able to get out to do more scouting and I stumbled across a Turkey Vulture feeding in a local field. This bird was enjoying its meal when another individual decided to join the lunch party and fight for a small meal. I hope you all enjoy the series of images, as they took place over a 3 min time frame.

Gear: Olympus OMD EM5.3 and Olympus 300F4.

A fun fact: nearly everyone I show this photo series to always reacts "Awe poor squirrel". I try to remind them that is totally normal in the animal kingdoms, I told my wife "what happens to the Vulture if it doesn't get that meal today? Would it survive to see tomorrow?"

My Mom asked me why I didn't try to shoo away the bird to save the squirrel. I explained the purpose of the Vultures in the food chain to my mom and then she understood why I just watched ad observed this happen. Unfortunately for these Vultures because they are ugly people do not think  to save and protect them right away.

-- hide signature --

I take photos, not particularly good photos, mostly abstract photos. Yeah abstract is what I would call them, you might call them blurry.

Dann-Oh's gear list:Dann-Oh's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-PL10 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +17 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow