PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 12,759
Re: PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

bob5050 wrote:

The K-3 III may be the greatest camera ever but I'll never know it.

The problem is real but can be overstated. I don't know of any brand of ILC where I could handle a high-end model locally. B&M died here completely a while back. To get in new consumers' hands you have to have a model at the big box stores, and that means a low-end model--even if it's not particularly profitable. And even that's getting very thin on the ground. More and more, cameras are on-line only items even with them.

Just hours ago I was in a Pentax store. A real one, with Pentax cameras and lenses on the shelves. I could've bought a K-3iii (I think they had the Premium Kit in stock), maybe another K-1, or the D FA* 85mm...

I bought new Sigma microfiber clothes for my glasses. I buy these because they're big, I mean 30x30cm big. Once you try them, there's no turning back to the usual itsy bitsy stuff.

Unfortunately, having B&M stores at reach becomes more and more an exception

Alex

-- hide signature --

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow