Z7II - Best Camera Ever?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrHollywood
MrHollywood Senior Member • Posts: 3,875
Z7II - Best Camera Ever?

Anytime I take a photo, it's a challenge of sorts. Even a casual snap asks something of me and my camera. But there are degrees to these things.

I suppose if I went out today to shoot dragonflies at dawn, THAT would be pretty challenging for me.

The thing is, and I mean no insult on this....

The best pics I've seen (of birds and insects in flight for example) in my lifetime have been accomplished with gear that could not come close to the AF or high ISO or FPS strengths of a Z7II or D5 or even a "lowly" D5600.

So I typically chuckle over the debate we're all often engaged in when it comes to the latest camera tech that reduces the need for skills and talent to a greater and greater extent.

The word processor made everyone into a writer, or rather it made it easier for everyone to call themselves a writer. But the quality of writing declined and generated a literary drone of mediocrity that is still with us. I think, to some degree, we've seen the same thing in the photographic arts.

My view of the Z7II is pretty much the same as the view I had of the D700....or D70. It's a camera with no limits. It can be used in virtually any venue with great success when in the hands of a skilled and talented shooter. In some respects it's a little better at certain things than any other camera, or a little worse. I don't have to worry about that. I only concern myself with what feels right in MY hands. The rest is now meaningless.

This is not going to be a popular view in a gear forum, but that's how I see it.

Robert

-- hide signature --

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

MrHollywood's gear list:MrHollywood's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Sony RX100 VI +22 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D5600 Nikon D70 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow