Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 51,239
Re: Good Wedding Prints Bring New Customers

mandm wrote:

I should have used 'budget weddings' as I understand many can't afford a full time working pro and that's where all the photography hobbyists with thousands of $$$ of equipment come in, many know how to use their equipment and can produce good results for the B&G.

My 1st wedding was a 2nd wedding for a relative in 1970, I was still in high school and had a Nikon F, I was paid $50. (that $360. today), I gave them the undeveloped film. 2nd wedding was a neighbor who was at the 1st wedding, they paid me $100. and again I gave them the undeveloped film.

I liked doing wedding and made a business out of it. I understand that many could not afford my companies services, but there are enough that will pay thousands for 2 or 3 days of coverage with 2 or 3 photographers.

I did a lot of weddings where it was in lieu of a wedding present. The couple was always happy with the results. I had to stop doing it because it got so it wasn't fun anymore.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow