Which is the best printer? - it depends

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Keith Cooper
Keith Cooper Senior Member • Posts: 2,827
Which is the best printer? - it depends

I'm lucky enough to get a lot of printers to test (that and my wife is happy that they go back after I've done the testing!)

As a result, I'm regularly asked as to what printer is 'best'.

I've a longstanding principle of not doing comparative reviews and never ever awarding scores or awards, since they are (IMHO) essentially meaningless (sorry DPR! )

The problem with printers is always that the answer to 'which printer is best for me' is always "IT DEPENDS" and that's even without me really looking at printer or ink costs, which vary around the world.

Anyway, I did this short video explaining why 'it depends' - hope it's of some interest. I guess I now need to do one which list some of the things you do need to think about...

PS I now have a new server to test for the Northlight site, so should get to finish the written review/articles for the ET-8550 over the next couple of weeks)

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow