Samsung Gear 360 and modern phones

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 9,740
Not Compatible

Jeff Peterman wrote:

Samsung dropped support for their VR glasses totally - they don't work with newer phones. I know they also dropped support for this camera.

So many of these apps have to connect to a server to work, and my concern is that the app won't work with the camera for that reason. It would be good to know before I go through the effort of tracking down the camera.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-no-longer-release-updates-gear-360-app/

"Samsung has now confirmed that it will no longer release any new updates for the Gear 360 app. No updates mean that it won’t support any upcoming Samsung smartphones. Gear 360 app updates and compatibility support on new phones will be discontinued from August 1, 2020.

There is some consolation for those who like the app. Samsung says that even after August 1, it will be possible to continue using the existing app. However, users shouldn’t expect any updates from Samsung. If you end up buying a Galaxy Note 20, the app won’t be compatible with your new device to begin with."

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow