Sigma product presentation on 4/8/2021 - Could this be it for X-mount support?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
nnowak Veteran Member • Posts: 7,733
Re: Sigma product presentation on 4/8/2021 - Could this be it for X-mount support?

Street_Photography wrote:

nnowak wrote:

Street_Photography wrote:

Thanks, this could be what I have been waiting a long time for. 🙏

Solves 1 problem immediately- which 50 or 56 to buy. Will be a no brainer for most people.

How does the addition of an 8th option make the decision a "no brainer"?

I am bored explaining, sorry. It s been available for a long time on other mounts if you want to look it up. To summarise: price, sharpness and overall IQ, size, WR, fast AF. It should win every category.

I am well aware of the Sigma.  While it is good to have more options, I just don't see it as a complete "slam dunk".  First off, there is no aperture ring and the focus ring rotates in the wrong direction. While basically the same price, the XF 50mm f/2.0 is smaller and lighter.  The Viltrox 56mm is 25% cheaper.  I think the 56mm f/1.2 has cleaner bokeh.  I am not trying to denigrate the Sigma, but I still see plenty of use cases where one of the other 50/56mm options would be more appropriate.  The Sigma may be perfect for your needs, but I personally won't be selling my 56mm f/1.2 in exchange for the Sigma.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow