EM1.1 Rear Dial Issue --- not again

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CR1975 Forum Member • Posts: 82
Re: EM1.1 Rear Dial Issue --- not again

SB1956 wrote:

Here in UK the retailer I have used maintains that Olympus are the easiest of companies they have to deal with when it comes to things like this.

I had an issue with a very minor peel on the handgrip material on the mark2 - just under the shutter release- and it was sorted immediately. The camera came back looking like a brand new unit in a new box with what I am sure was a new strap and with a complimentary professional lens cleaning cloth and a letter from the technician who had completed the repair with direct contact details on it.

My unit was approaching the end of its extended warranty but I was left with the impression that if it was clear the unit had not been abused and was well looked after It Olympus would bend over backwards to help.

I suggest you take it back to the store you bought it from and ask them to speak to Olympus for you.

if it was an online purchase from a retailer without a height street presence I guess you start with e-mails and photo’s of the unit.

if it’s a well known issue Olympus will know and given they market the brand on quality and ability to perform in harsh environments and not the user down, I think if the unit has not been trashed you stand a good chance of it being sorted at nil or minimum cost,

Good luck.

yes.  It seems like experience in Europe has been good vs what we have seen in N.America.  I have decided to leverage my Pro Advantage option in case I get a heavy pricey quote for the repair and at least shipping to OMDS is covered, which can cost an arm and a leg from Canada to New Jersey.

I have made my case with them and will see what they come back with.  My E-M1.1 only has 13K actuation's and has not seen any real negative or impactful use.   I expect to hear from them on Friday and lets see if my roll of the dice gets me a seven/eleven or the dreaded snake eyes. 

Either way, I would only happy with off loading the camera if i knew it was is fully functional condition, including the rear wheel. 

-- hide signature --

===
Shooting an Olympus in Vancouver, BC!

CR1975's gear list:CR1975's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow