R3 will have 24MP according to EXIF

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,163
Re: I am on Gannon's side too

French Fry wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

It sure sounds like you don't know what you are talking about.

I saw what Gannon B. said too. He posted a great a gallery too and he works at this site! He is reliable and when he says none of the pros he talked with wanted more MP, I believe him.

Can we all agree that Jeff Cable is a pro photographer shooting the Olympics, one of the main event that speed-oriented bodies are designed for?

Jeff brought two R5s and one R3 to the Olympics. He has a 1DXmiii with him, but just as backup. If you look at the photos posted, most seem to be taken with the R5.

We now have one example of a pro photographer who uses high MP. Up from none.

You cannot read too much into that. There will be a limited number of R3s available, and they will all be still  at risk of bugs etc. There is also a learning curve with new bodies, especially when they are high end like the R3. Relying on an unknown quantity at this level would be risky, so the togs there will use tried and tested models,,ones they are used to. Also remember many will not be bringing kit but will raid the huge store that Canon bring to major events like this. You need to see it really. They have a huge area full of kit for their selected pros to use as well as support teams i places to deal with faults and damage etc.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow