R3 will have 24MP according to EXIF

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,166
Re: I am on Gannon's side too

PAntunes wrote:

Distinctly Average wrote:

PAntunes wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

It sure sounds like you don't know what you are talking about.

I saw what Gannon B. said too. He posted a great a gallery too and he works at this site! He is reliable and when he says none of the pros he talked with wanted more MP, I believe him.

Not really sure what you don't believe.... You understand that if you're shooting sports for any brand or even promo work for athletes, 24mp is on the short side of things, right? The images are not just for a quick ref image on a website. They'll be used on many formats.
If you don't understand that, then there's no point in trying to explain why 24mp is very short in a pro world....
Not all sport photographers are press...

Totally disagree. The D5, 1DX3 etc have been the main stay of many pro sports togs, same for the older models in their respective ranges. From magazine covers and centre spreads, to massive billboards, those cameras have been successfully used for years. 24mp is an excellent step up. For shooting sport a fast camera with great ergonomics, AF and lenses is essential. Also very important is reliability. MP comes a long way down on the scale of requirements IMHO.

Many sport campaigns were shot with MF cameras with a lot more resolution, with all the problems that come with that...

Again, it is about using the right tool for the job. Fast action court side you ideally want a fast and reliable camera, one reliable in all ways and also able to take abuse. That is what the 1D series, the Nikon Dx series and now the R3 are about. Medium format is great when you want other types of shots. It is just another tool in a pro togs arsenal.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow