My D7500 goes with me on a hike at 11,700'

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 13,575
My D7500 goes with me on a hike at 11,700'

It's hot and loaded with ozone down in the Big Bad City.  I had to get out and up to altitude.  What camera to take?  My D7500, of course!

At first there were the wildflowers

but then I started noticing that mushroom season had started

There they were, pooking up through the soil here and there

like toads that were hibernating in the mud in a seasonal pool

This guy looked like a loaf of bread.   I don't know if he came up through the soil looking like this or sort of morphed into this.  I'm pretty clueless about mushrooms, I'm just glad they're out there for me to see, if only temporarily

I found an area where one would be up here, another one way over there.  Then I'd found a grouping of the little rascals

Up on the trail, I talked with a lady who asked "can you eat them?"  My reply was, if you know what you're doing, yeah.  If not I've heard you see real cool colors just before you die.  Me, I'll stick to the mushrooms I buy at the store

I had no idea if I was looking at different varieties or the same type in different stages of their short life cycle.  These guys aren't built for the long haul:  they come up looking all spiffy then in a week or so, that's it

This little guy has a future full of hope and promise...for now

Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow