Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,085
Re: Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

thunder storm wrote:

MAC wrote:

1. thunder storm wrote:

MAC wrote:

I may also eventually get a 56

I did some shooting with both the RF 85mm f/2.0 IS stm and the sigma 56mm f/1.4 today.

Some observations:

The sigma needs a bit faster shutterspeeds compared to the RF 85mm f/2.0 IS stm (1/200th or so).

The sigma - although being an unstabilized prime - seams to suffer a bit from shutter shock. 1/100th is a too long shutterspeed anyway, but using full mechanical at this shutter speed gives noticeable worse results compared to electronic shutter at 1/100th.

The RF 85mm f/2.0 at f/2.2 gives has less problems with the 45Mp R5 than the sigma at f/1.4 (= f/2.2 equivalence) with the 32Mp M6II wide open.

Conclusion: both the RF 85mm f/2.0 IS stm and the ef-m 32mm f/1.4 are better lenses for both sharpness and low light.

The sigma 56mm is a good lens, compact and affordable and it can free up your RP from the 85mm f/2.0 IS stm for something else, however, it's not the best option for low light and the RF 85mm is better.

can you try the 56 with electronic shutter at 1/100 and 1/125?

To test what? Compare at those shutter speeds electronic shutter to mechanical shutter? Or compare the results of 1/100th to 1/125th both with electronic shutter?

nah, no need to test, I'm not likely to buy this lens until M has IBIS

Do you want me to use the external evf attached or not?

Maybe tomorrow. Need a good occasion (kids behaving photographable) not too much light (need to stay away from diffraction) and not too low light (want to stay away from higher ISO values too...)

If it doesn't happen tomorrow I might forget it. Just Pm me to remind me.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow