Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
mandm Contributing Member • Posts: 971
Re: Good Wedding Prints Bring New Customers

I should have used 'budget weddings' as I understand many can't afford a full time working pro and that's where all the photography hobbyists with thousands of $$$ of equipment come in, many know how to use their equipment and can produce good results for the B&G.

My 1st wedding was a 2nd wedding for a relative in 1970, I was still in high school and had a Nikon F, I was paid $50. (that $360. today), I gave them the undeveloped film. 2nd wedding was a neighbor who was at the 1st wedding, they paid me $100. and again I gave them the undeveloped film.

I liked doing wedding and made a business out of it. I understand that many could not afford my companies services, but there are enough that will pay thousands for 2 or 3 days of coverage with 2 or 3 photographers.

-- hide signature --

mandmp; 100% of my income since 1972 has been due to a camera in my hand. My hobby turned into an enjoyable & profitable career. Retired in 2008ish I now shoot for fun and for charities (for free).

mandm's gear list:mandm's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow