help me decide on Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP bridge77 Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: help me decide on Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70

Ontarian wrote:

Have you looked at the Sony RX10 iv or iii at all. More expensive, but considered by many as the best bridge camera by far.

I'm trying to decide upon it, the Pany G9 or the Oly e-m1-ii.

thanks.  no haven't considered sony, i am just trying to scope out my options beyond the canon sx50 or better.  don't need it right away, but it is good to know the field and watch the reviews.  the FZ seems good, just not great.  don't think i need great, for me it is more about getting the shot, than winning photo contests.

originally it seemed that the canon sx30 would be good for birding and then it seemed to do everything else ok, but not great. when i don't need telephoto reach, the canon rebels step in for the job.

the bridge cameras are a lot more convenient for summer/family travel.  eventually i may sell my canon rebel and mostly use these bridge cameras.

i have a canon xs not worth selling and does a good enuf job as a beater/backup camera.  too bad canon can't make an inexpensive telephoto for their rebel cameras with long reach, the experts say not possible.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow