Babysitting and car racing. What shall I do?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,121
Babysitting and car racing. What shall I do?

A bit of an unusual question here.

I'll be going to a car show/car racing for two days straight. My brother decided he too wanted to go and take his little boy as well. So I'll be going on a third day if I'm not too shattered. If I'm too shattered, we agreed his wife can take my place.

Simple? Yeah right...

We both agreed on the third day, I'll be taking the minimalist of camera gear. Since I'll be looking after and carrying a small boy around, it doesn't make sense bringing a lot of camera gear with me.

Now the plans has change but hopefully will change again. The plan was to get there early, look around e.g. planes and motor vehicles. When it get too busy, we just find a spot around the track and watch the racing.

My brother now thinks it's a good idea his boy should play sports first and see the car racing afterward. Meaning arriving at the event when it's jam pack with people at 1100 rather than it semi quiet at 0730.

Now I've spoken to a few people and they too found it silly. So the question is do I....

1. Arrive early with a lot of camera gear AGAIN and meet my brother later. Also meaning I probably won't be able to carry my nephew.
  2. Don't go but it means my sister in law having to push a pram in a very crowded environment.
  3. Meet up at my brother house and arrive at the car racing LATE. Meaning poor Timmy won't see a lot. 

Hopefully my brother change his mind. The only reason why I'm going is for my nephew's benefit.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow