Not a Mirrorless in sight….

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
carl_g
carl_g Regular Member • Posts: 369
Re: Not a Mirrorless in sight….

yray wrote:

I’m thinking Nikon will do themselves a favor if they keep DSLR line going, even if slimmed down to just a couple of models, for a while longer. They still have a dedicated following heavily invested in this mount, which probably will still be alive and kicking, and refreshing bodies and lenses for another decade or two.

I doubt it. By that point most of these people will have either switched systems or died off

In ML they are just also-runs with no obvious advantage over the competition.

I don’t know the z7 was just reviewed as the best landscape camera currently available.

I’m actually curious what would have happened if Nikon were releasing their ML in both F and Z mounts. Same exact models. Would be a nice test of the new mount viability, but then, obviously, they wouldn’t be able to push new expensive lenses on the early adopters.

Nothing. Most who are clutching to their d850’s would continue to complain.  I still use my dslrs all the time but to not recognize that there most likely will never be a new dslr brought to market and opine about how bad Nikons offerings are currently without ever trying them is stubborn. Which is appropriate for this group I suppose.

carl_g's gear list:carl_g's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow