How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
photonut2008
photonut2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,339
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

contadorfan wrote:

I like your cross/moon/Xmas tree(?) photo very much.

Thanks.

Do you have a color version of it too? I think it would be wonderful in color too.

Pulling back the curtain:

I forgot about the color version, which does have its own charm.

Trivial side note perhaps, but I'm female. And I still stand by my observation that most people respond to pictures of smiling family & friends, but other photo subjects make their eyes glaze over.

I certainly don't want to be that "guy" that bores people with photos of their vacation. I think the reason I get such positive responses to the photos I shared earlier is that people are actually surprised to see "professional quality" photos when someone whips out their phone to show them their trip to Paris or whatever it is that starts the conversation that I do photography as a hobby.

I consider competence to be the foundation underneath my creative endeavors. Of course it's like your favorite flavored ice cream, others may not like it because they don't like nuts in their ice cream (or vice versa) or simply find ice cream unpalatable.

-- hide signature --

DPR, where gear is king and photography merely a jester

photonut2008's gear list:photonut2008's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow