K3iii Review at Ephotozine Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,086
Re: Lenses not included...

Alex Sarbu wrote:

davescliches wrote:

A sports camera is as good as the sports lenses you can put on it ........ the K3III has very few sports lenses ...........

Even if the K-3iii would be a sports camera (this implies a level of specialization I'm not seeing on the actual product), lenses are not included. It's an ILC after all.

And its class is not determined by random labels and the existence of lenses very few here would buy.

............ and no sport professional primes or zooms ........

....... that is the issue ....... not the price of the K3III !

Let's be realistic, if people are complaining about spending $2000 on a K-3iii level camera, even claiming it should cost half of that, how would they react to a $10,000+ sport professional prime or zoom?

No, the lack of such lenses is not the camera's issue. The camera's issue is that we are too used with bargains - to the point of ignoring the real product and only looking at the price. Wait; that's not the camera's issue either.

Alex

I think the only real "problem" they have is with the 300mm prime. They have some history of good 300mm lenses. But with K3iii, you have to choose:

- if you want best image you need DA* 300 (though some say it could be sharper)

- if you want fastest focusing you need 55-300 PLM

... but you can't have both ! I think they need a DFA* 300 f4 lens that has both, with crazy sharpness and ring type SDM, great transmission, something on par with the DA* 50 and 85. That would provide a "pro level" feeling to hobbyists, while not having to reach crazy weight and price of a 600mm f2.8 or similar that everybody wants and would in fact never buy.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow