Techart TA-GA3 Contax G adapter not working?????

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ProfHankD
ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 8,089
Re: Techart TA-GA3 Contax G adapter not working?????

JW PHOTO wrote:

Well, I broke down and bought a Techart TA-GA3 so I could use my Contax G lenses on my Sony A7RII and was really liking it until the camera wouldn't register the aperture at which the lens was set. When I got the adapter it worked great and I loved it, but after about a month aperture-preferred setting stopped working. The camera then constant;y over-exposed by at least three stops. I clean all contacts and checked settings, but nothing yet has worked. Has anyone had the same problem or know what's wrong with my Techart???? I really miss using this,

No experience with that adapter in particular... but that might be a lens problem.

Do you see the exact same behavior on multiple different Contax lenses? Otherwise, it sounds to me like the problem could simply be sticky aperture blades -- a problem every heavy user of old lenses is uncomfortably familiar with. 

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow