AD/Evolv 200 Pro color temperature shift.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndKPhoto New Member • Posts: 11
AD/Evolv 200 Pro color temperature shift.

I own the eVOLV 200 Pro, and its color temperature with the fresnel head is 500 kelvin cooler than my Xplor 600 Pro. (The 600 tests around 5600-5800, the 200 at 6100-6300). I replaced the fresnel head, but the issue still persists.

My speedlights also tend to be a tad on the cooler side, depending on power output, so part of me is wondering if it is the 600 Pro instead. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I bought the 200 pro to replace my speedlights (when only two flashes are needed), due to the better color control.

It makes using the 600 as key, and the 200 as fill difficult. The flashbulb head for the 200 Pro doesn't have that problem, but it might be color cast from the rooms I have tested it in.

Attached are 3 unedited photos showing the problem in real life. In the latter two you can see that I switched the light's positions, but it made no difference.

AndKPhoto's gear list:AndKPhoto's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow