L bracket for landscape work

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen1729
Stephen1729 Forum Member • Posts: 53
L bracket for landscape work

I have Nikon D7500 and D850. I'd like to get L brackets to fit both cameras but I have a problem.

The head I use for landscape and architectural photography is a Manfrotto 410 geared head. This seems to be totally incompatible with all the third party brands. Manfrotto does a L bracket compatible with my geared head but I doubt it would fit the D7500 properly. Plus it is awkward to use and set up; also heavy on top of the heaviness of the 410.

So I am thinking of changing the 410 for something lighter with an Arca mount that would be compatible with a large range of L brackets.

I am asking for suggestions for likely tripod heads and L brackets.

I would consider a good quality ball head over another geared head, if I could find one that is capable of fairly fine adjustment.

My budget for the head would be 180 GBP so let's say 200 USD.

My budget for each L bracket would be 60 GBP so say 70 USD.

Does anyone have any ideas?  If the budget needs to increase to get something appropriate, please say.

Many Thanks

Stephen1729's gear list:Stephen1729's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +8 more
Nikon D7500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow