Canon Pixma Pro 100s: ink 1/4 gone after 10 small prints

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
dtrph Contributing Member • Posts: 771
Re: Canon Pixma Pro 100s: ink 1/4 gone after 10 small prints

I don't have a MAC but from the image posted I can tell you that this is not an accurate representation of your true ink levels. For one thing it's displaying all inks at the same level. That is HIGHLY unlikely as the ink colors are used disproportionately in producing images. In my experience the PRO100 is a reasonably economical quality printer.

Red River has an extensive write up on ink usage/cost if you're interested in knowing more from true experts:

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/rr/cost-of-inkjet-printing-canon-pro-100.html

Nevertheless, the challenging cost of inks with the PRO100 is the small cartridges.  I used OEM at first then switched to PC inks and after many years of usage I have saved plenty with no complaints or discernable differences.   Photography can be an expensive hobby and I'm not looking to sell anything just for my own use and fun.  The prints don't have to outlive me.

Be well and safe, Dan.

-- hide signature --

dancph

dtrph's gear list:dtrph's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony a99 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow