help me decide on Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bridge77 Regular Member • Posts: 199
help me decide on Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70

this looks to be an excellent bridge camera for me.  currently i use a canon sx-30 and was planning on going to the sx-40 or sx-50 until the prices inflated.

so what else is out there with equivalent quality?  i am looking for LONG reach, at least 1200mm and rapid shooting ability. my current sx-30 shoots at 1 frame per second if that, so may miss the ideal shot.

the camera will also be used for nature photography, so more is more in regards to telephoto ability.  i have a dslr, but not the large bank account for Canon L nature lenses, so a bridge camera will have to do.

also needed are replaceable batteries.  i like the ability to pull the battery out of the camera and charge it up. also i buy extra batteries and chargers on amazon.

never have owned a panasonic, so don't know how they compare with canon or nikon. they seem to make good radios and other things, so maybe their cameras are good?

i have also considered the FZ80 but it has no image stabilizer on it.  that was a big HUH???  sure i could probably keep my shutter speed high, but what a pain, or haul a tripod around everywhere. that kind of destroys the idea of using a bridge camera, which should be the convenience of compact and do all approach to photography.

there probably are better cameras, but the price tags are usually double or triple more than the camera in question.  i get that part, but will listen anyway.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow