R3 will have 24MP according to EXIF

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,166
Re: R3 will have 24MP according to EXIF

KiloHotelphoto wrote:

Hoka Hey wrote:

KiloHotelphoto wrote:

People complain about the amount of megapixels all the time, they say they can't crop in enough. So they will buy a 50mp camera and crop most of the pixels out and have a twenty something MP image left.

To me it sounds like they have a to short of a lens issue and not a MP issue.

Or a very skittish target.

Many of the images that I'm cropping on the R5 are from an EF 500 f/4 ii + EF 2x iii of birds that are not likely to let me any closer to them.

You just have to work harder, or just not take the shot. I’ve seen plenty of post here where people are complaining about sharpness of images of birds that are the size of a single focus point and then they crop it expecting a good image.

If a 500mm and 2x TC isn’t filling the frame look at getting a 800mm and teleconverters.

No, you are better off getting closer. Lugging a bigger lens around is rarely the answer in this kind of scenario. It is especially true in the warmer months where the shot is ruined by atmospherics, heat haze and the like. Instead of filling a single focus point with a really soft subject you just end up filling a small amount more space with a really soft subject. Or worse still, you have a longer lens so try and shoot subjects further away so still only fill a focus point.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow