Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,063
Re: Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Larawanista wrote:

MAC wrote:

...took me almost 2 years, but finally decided to take the plunge...

I'll wait til black Friday to get the 11-22 - but I have two portrait shoots coming up and wanted the 32

My main cameras are RP + RF 24-105 F4 IS L with nano focus and control ring for EC which I love for the colors, relatively small size, SOOC jpgs. Also the RF 85 F2 IS for portraits. I also carry the 6d with EF 35 f2 IS and EF 100L. These and the 70-200 f2.8 L serve on commissioned shoots.

But I have been totally upset with Canon FOR YEARS in not giving a sub $500 50 mm that was sharp wide open without the CA.

Thus enter the m 32 F1.4 on the 32 mpxl m6 II -- it will be my 50 mm go to (hopefully).

Also Canon RF 14-35 is being introduced at such a high price, I will get the m 11-22 instead. The new R6 is only 20 mpxl and also too expensive for me. I'll rely on the 32 mpxl M6II and 11-22

I resisted the m6II because no internal EVF (since I use triggers all the time), but with the 32 and 11-22 I'll be using the back screen and not buying that lame EVF thingy. I use Odin triggers extensively during portrait shoots.

The 35 F2 IS will sit on the 6d. The 32 f1.4 will sit on the M6II. And the RF 85 F2 will sit on the RP during portrait shoots. For me I don't like changing lenses

so we shall see how I do on this specific use m setup. If I'm happy with it, I may also eventually get a 56 and a long tele... Canon IGNORING the m line is very upsetting to me and about their fear that m will impact their R system

That's quite similar to my own corporate portraits set up: RP with 85mm (or R6), 32mm mated to the M6II. All I can say is: They're both winners.

Good choice! Enjoy and share images later pls!

interesting and agree -- great minds think alike

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow