Some recent BIFs

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor Carpenter
OP Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 17,966
Re: Some recent BIFs

dontfret wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

I love the combination. I have no desire for anything 'better'.

Trevor, great shots. I believe I have following behind you in gear updating by about a year since our FZ50 days (I did FZ50-->G5-->GX7-->G7-->G85-->G9). I just purchased the G9, take delivery tomorrow, mainly to improve usable BIF and nature photos (but wait, there's so much more). Can you recommend a starting point for AF settings with PL100-400? I assume my first step after unboxing will be to update the firmware.

We have been here a long time.  I've got old.  My advice is check your camera and lens are up to date with firmware and then leave all your settings alone for a couple of weeks.  The3 default settings aren't that far from where you need to be and IMO it's better to tweak moderately once you are familiar.  More importantly get to grips with the dials and buttons especially the new to you, drive mode dial.  This is the key to so many good pics.  The ergonomics of the G9 are best in class and it won't take long to master.

It's worth familiarising yourself with the SH1/2 and pre burst options, the near and far buttons, the animal focus options and my menu.  These really help productivity.

Enjoy your new toy.

Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow