Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Ellis Vener
Ellis Vener Forum Pro • Posts: 15,786
Re: I read

ms18 wrote:

I thought there can be a catch and I'm doing wrong

I will keep delivering RAW even if they don't ask. It's not worth for me keeping them.

I usually tell them these are the original image files similar to to Film negative. Just keep them you might need in future. I give them in a DVD and delete them from my side in a month or so.

My theory is that by deleting them you do yourself and your clients a disservice. But you know what? It is your business and you run it any which way you want to.

The only excepttion i keep their photos are when they are exceptionally good and they are ok to be used in my promotion and competitions alike.

I'm not saying this is the right way. But for the way i work this work well. While it's not essential to give RAW files when not agreed upon (in most cases) It's not wrong to give them as well

"Right" and "wrong" are moral judgements. Morality has nothing to do with this type of business decision.

Actually where you are doing service and type of your clients also let you adjust your business model accordingly. (as you were saying)

Yes, photography is a service business. I hope yours is successful land prospers for a very long time.

-- hide signature --

Ellis Vener
A working photographer since 1984.
To see my work, please visit http://www.ellisvener.com
Or on Instagram @EllisVenerStudio

Ellis Vener's gear list:Ellis Vener's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow