Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 2,629
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

BrentSchumer wrote:

MarshallA wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2129552850/dpreview-tv-nikon-z7-ii-versus-sony-a7r-iv-for-landscapes

I agree with you about the focus bracketing but honestly its hard to take this video seriously. As much as I love Chris and Jordan's stuff, they went out of their way to mention how much better the Z7II is at time lapse than the Sony and that is soooo wrong. I commented on the video when it came out but probably not a lot of viewers saw it.

One of the reasons I'm transitioning to Sony from Nikon is due to Nikons crappy time lapse implementation.

If anyone is curious, here is my comment on the video explaining why I dislike the Nikon for time lapse:

I really enjoy Chris and Jordan's videos for entertainment, but they just don't seem to like Sony. I don't mean in a malicious sense, but they clearly prefer the handling of other brands and seem to ding Sony cameras in their content for odd things.

For example, this video tells the viewer that the Z7II is substantially cheaper than the A7RIV and has a much better rear LCD. But the two cameras are the same price now (MSRP only matters for new releases), and they literally tested a discontinued version of the A7RIV when making LCD comments.

I still watch every video (even for stuff I don't ever intend to buy), but we know that Fuji is going to be praised for their bodies while Sony is going to get grudging wins at best.

I shared the same feeling in many of their past reviews.  Yes, I always take their as entertaining and about a half truth kind or with bias in their reviews.

Absolutely right about not using the A7R4A and just added as a comment later.  They should have put the A7R4A LCD as part of their evaluation.

Someone also noted that the Nikon Z7 time lapse is not even on par with the A7R4, yet that was used as a negative for Sony.

They indicated Sony has the best resolution, but that is not a key criteria for the overall result for landscape photography.  To me personally, that this the only criteria, if all other features of the camera are above average.

I will said they pick what criteria that suit the decided outcome, rather than the criteria that a landscape photographer really wanted.

Very entertaining, especially how they brave the fast flowing stream with their gears.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow