Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
mandm Contributing Member • Posts: 971
Re: Good Wedding Prints Bring New Customers

My 2¢ on giving/selling negatives in the film days and Hi Rez or Raw wedding/anniversaries/event images today; never. Some customers would have prints made at Walmart or Sams and then blame the photographer for just average photos they could have shot themselves, and that is bad for future business.

I'm retired and 2 guys have taken over my business and like me they stay away from the low end weddings, most are 2 or 3 day events with 2 or 3 photographers, many are destination weddings that require 3 days minimum. The customers don't ask for the Hi Rez or Raw images as it's listed in the contract and why.

-- hide signature --

mandmp; 100% of my income since 1972 has been due to a camera in my hand. My hobby turned into an enjoyable & profitable career. Retired in 2008ish I now shoot for fun and for charities (for free).

mandm's gear list:mandm's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow