LX 100 II: Another hike in the mountains

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Joad Junior Member • Posts: 30
LX 100 II: Another hike in the mountains

I've had the camera for two years now and the light weight, macro and overall image quality continue to make the LX100 II the preferred hiking companion. On a 10-mile hike into the Rocky Mountain National Park backcountry, it was very hazy. When tired and warm from the walk, it is nice to easily move back and forth between the camera's excellent auto settings and aperture priority with just a twist on the lens ring.

These are jpegs with light post using Apple Photos. Raw files are what I usually shoot and those hold up well to magnification for the LX100 II, but on these I wanted to see jpeg output for a change. I figured the haze would make the landscapes less than satisfactory. So these are not great for pixel peeking...but might have been had I used raw.

The landscapes are simple tourist shots but are to me satisfying. On the red flowers, what I was trying to capture was the color gradation from green to red and the camera got it. On all the flowers the ability to easily chose focus point and play with DOF via the aperture ring are what I enjoy about this camera.

Tom Joad's gear list:Tom Joad's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Nikon D850 +1 more
Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow