At its price point, is their another camera better than the Ricoh GR III?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ss3walkman Forum Member • Posts: 79
At its price point, is their another camera better than the Ricoh GR III?

Hey!

Im in the market for a new compact and pocketable camera - a camera that will fit in my sweats/shorts/hoodie pocket. After a couple of months in the selection process, I’m down to a few cameras and one is the GR III. I know this is a Ricoh forum, so I’m expecting some bias answers, but I’m hoping for some objective and impartial responses.

Some of the features of the GR III that I like are;

macro mode

ease of use

pocketable

portability

raw processing

touchscreen

low light/night capability

image quality - this means most to me!

My last camera was the Sony a5100 and despite how small it is for an interchangeable lens camera, it still was too big and is why I’m looking for a camera with a fixed lens.

So, the question is: Are there any other cameras that are truly comparable to the GR III at it’s price point - $850 usd?

If you’re a GR III owner, what other compact cameras were you looking at or that you would’ve gone with if not for the GR III?

I would tell you all about my wants/needs or likes/dislikes, but I rather hear your opinions based on cameras in the compact cameras market.

However, two things I will say that I’d like is fast autofocus and shooting with high fps which I do know is a point of weakness for the GR III.

Thanks in advance!

Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow