Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
goodbokeh
goodbokeh Senior Member • Posts: 1,198
Re: Shots from the Past Two Days in East Iceland

Greg7579 wrote:

goodbokeh wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

kparseg wrote:

Greg, great pictures. Can I ask if you could take some side-by-side comparison images using your 100s and Q2? Thank you.

I have done that 900 times. I always have the Q2 with me when I shoot those GFX shots. The GFX is on a monopod or tripod. I never hand hold. Then I swing the Q2 around and take the same shot hand held.

I have 1000 Q2 shots all hand held. But I have done zero post on them and will do so when I get home. It will take days of work because I have to title them all by comparing them to the GFX shots that I've already titled.

The Q2 shots are 28mm FF and the OIS is astounding. Better than GFX by two stops I think. Not sure. But it is better in that little camera. The Q2 has a lot more DOF than GFX. A lot more. I won't say how many stops because it upsets 4 people who I like.

Shooting with the GFX is a science. Shooting with the Q2 is like a snapshot. The Q2 image fidelity is astounding. The GFX image fidelity is on another Planet...

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

I understand the Q2's OIS doesn't play well above 1/60 sec. How is your experience with that Greg?

That is not true. It has been talked about since Day 1 on the Leica Board. I don't want to get into it here, but the Q2 has a problem that I Just live with. The OIS goes haywire in random situations at any speed and the shots is blurred across the frame. This happens on about 4 to 5% of my shots and I just delete them. I noticed it on Day one 21 months ago and Leica took a huge interest in it and sent my camera to Germany for a rebuild. I got it back and nothing changed and Leica won't return my calls. But I haven't pushed it to hard. I just keep calling the lady in New Jersey that was responsible for my case but she will not return my calls. I just live with it because I love that camera so much.

That's interesting Greg, thanks. I couldn't get a feel about the Q2's OIS with Leica saying it degraded the image and the auto OIS setting disabling itself above 1/60 sec. I chalked it up to the OIS combined with the leaf shutter dynamics but who knows. Fuji hasn't been able to pull it off with the X100 yet but I guess Ricoh has with their latest GR III via ibis not ois.

goodbokeh's gear list:goodbokeh's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Leica M10 Monochrom Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow