Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Platographer Contributing Member • Posts: 730
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

BrentSchumer wrote:

MarshallA wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2129552850/dpreview-tv-nikon-z7-ii-versus-sony-a7r-iv-for-landscapes

I agree with you about the focus bracketing but honestly its hard to take this video seriously. As much as I love Chris and Jordan's stuff, they went out of their way to mention how much better the Z7II is at time lapse than the Sony and that is soooo wrong. I commented on the video when it came out but probably not a lot of viewers saw it.

One of the reasons I'm transitioning to Sony from Nikon is due to Nikons crappy time lapse implementation.

If anyone is curious, here is my comment on the video explaining why I dislike the Nikon for time lapse:

I really enjoy Chris and Jordan's videos for entertainment, but they just don't seem to like Sony. I don't mean in a malicious sense, but they clearly prefer the handling of other brands and seem to ding Sony cameras in their content for odd things.

For example, this video tells the viewer that the Z7II is substantially cheaper than the A7RIV and has a much better rear LCD. But the two cameras are the same price now (MSRP only matters for new releases), and they literally tested a discontinued version of the A7RIV when making LCD comments.

I still watch every video (even for stuff I don't ever intend to buy), but we know that Fuji is going to be praised for their bodies while Sony is going to get grudging wins at best.

At the time of the video, the A7Riv was on sale for $2998, but is now back to MSRP so they are not actually the same price.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow