Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
PhotosByHall Contributing Member • Posts: 545
Re: Wedding photography is a scam

ms18 wrote:

while the "pro" keeps and uses your own images to advertise his business, because obviously he will retain all rights despite the fact that you already paid for the images representing your family.

Is that a bad deal or what?

Actually I feel it's wrong to use client images for my marketing purpose unless they agree for it!

Wedding photography isn't sold - it's licensed to you.

Consider a physical object, if I buy a ferrari - I buy an instance of an object that is made to a design. I don't own that design of that model of ferrari forever.

EDIT : There are a lot of bargain basement photographers in this thread who are devaluing the craft. These are the people who make an increasing number of couples just "let their guests take the shots" with smartphones.

There is a lot of expensive gear, training, pressure, organisation and editing time goes into shooting a wedding - the price is high for a reason. Failure is not an option.

PhotosByHall's gear list:PhotosByHall's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow