Help needed with Godox flash

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carol Darby Contributing Member • Posts: 642
Help needed with Godox flash

I posted a month ago re getting a flash to use with my Olympus cameras. There was a lot of support for the Godox flash system and after doing a lot of research I have purchased the Godox V860 ll. This is the one with the rechargeable battery.

I have it on a Mark lll with the 12-100 F4 pro and after reading the manual I have got it charged and working. On the camera I have set it as fill flash and on the flash I have TTL  A  ZOOM. However if I zoom the lens it makes no difference to the display on the flash. It stays at 10mm. Depending on the aperture the flash gives crazy results. At F4 something 15 feet away is okay but something closer is way over exposed. Change the aperture to F6.3 then the close object is fine but the one 15 feet away is dark.

If I zoom the lens the display on the flash stays the same and shows no indication on distance as the manual says that is should. It doesn't seem to be working in TTL. I am used to using flash with my Nikon cameras so don't know what I am doing wrong.

Also the manual says that a half press on the shutter will wake the zoom up. This doesn't happen. I have to touch one of the flash buttons to wake it up. I do have my camera set for back button focus but this shouldn't affect the shutter waking up the flash.

And in the time I have taken to write this thread the flash no longer fires at all. I can press the test button and it works but the flash won't fire when I press the shutter.

This is doing my head in. I am not stupid and I have read the flash manual and believe I am doing everything right. If you have a Godox flash can you please help me see where I am going wrong. I have also bought the flash trigger but there is no point trying to figure that out until I have the flash sorted.

Thanks in advance

Carol

Carol Darby's gear list:Carol Darby's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow