RX10 IV vs XT3+70-300x1.4x ... a toss?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 61,623
Re: RX10 IV vs XT3+70-300x1.4x ... a toss?

I had a mk3 for over a year (same camera but without a touchscreen or PDAF for C-AF (they`re the same camera ijn single AF) .. and the lens was consistent edge to edge wideopen at "600mm" , almost like a bag of primes up to 400mm sharpness wise , superb at 500mm and still sharp at 600mm. they do vary a lot however as I`ve found typical for Sony lenses , I tried a Mk4 when a conjunction of offers came up 6 months after and the only one the local shop had was decentered or tilted , it looked like your second sample there outside the centre area at long reach and was blurry on the RH side at the wide end .

My Mk3 was a top copy thankfully so kept it until I`d tired of the handling and the electric zoom enough to part with it last year - I make do without that reach now and I`m back to M43 for my superzoom needs with the excellent Panasonic 14-140-II which may not be quite as sharp at longer range as the RX10-3 was but the G9 its mounted on is in a totally different universe for handling, speed and ruggedness and no irritating electric zoom . the 20Mp M43 sensor has more depth and is cleaner than the suprisngly excellent 1" sensor in the RX10-3/4

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon D3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow