Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Beatsy
Beatsy Senior Member • Posts: 1,170
Re: lackluster at other brands - to say the least - having used them all

joger wrote:

G 20 , GM 24, GM 35, GM 50 and GM 135 as well as GM 400 and GM 600 are the best lenses in any system in their league.

An aside on this point. Like you, I intended to get the GM14 when it came out. Not a need really - just thinking to up the quality of my lens selection a bit at the wide end. I waited longer than you (no pre-order) and saw reports of negatives the ambassadors had glossed over. They were all optical limitations or compromises I'm "hyper-sensitive" to and was already wary of (xcessive vignetting, corner sharpness and LoCA mainly). One report was yours. Those put me right off and I decided against the GM14 after all.

And that turned out to be a very good thing indeed! I used the cash to get a BenQ, 32", 4k monitor instead and I am elated that I did that! It's a step change in image viewing for me and I absolutely love it. Pixel peeping nirvana AND beautiful presentation of whole images. The wider gamut and ability to zoom in (pixel peep) at high resolution, makes everything w-a-a-y better to look at on this screen than on any comparable sized print (he concluded provocatively )

Beatsy's gear list:Beatsy's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow