Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ms18
ms18 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,178
I'm just curious.

If I were to do it, the fee would be enormous.

Why is that? What extra work you have to do to just give the RAW files?

or What value that RAW files have for you to keep them instead of giving to them.

May be do you expect they'll get print from you later thus they have to come to you and you can make money out of it? This might be possible if you only give album or printed photos only.

Here mostly package also include digitally delivered images which they wanted to upload in social media send in email like that.

I'm not asking this for argument. I'm really curious. Because here we don't have point in keeping RAW files. So we give them as Negative was given in old times. It's their responsibility to keep them safe. we don't want to waste our storage and risk keeping them on our side.

In case if they want another album or work they should come with RAW files. But clients never contact me again for album / prints afterwards because they know they can do it in their own.

May be by keeping RAW i can force them to come back and earn some commission. I should ask this with follow photographers in the city as I work lonely wolf lol.

-- hide signature --

If you like my pictures follow me on Insta
https://www.instagram.com/mahidoes/

ms18's gear list:ms18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow