Replacement for Fuji X-S1?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer Veteran Member • Posts: 7,156
Re: Replacement for Fuji X-S1?

The Panasonic and Sony cameras already mentioned are the obvious choices. I still have my Fuji XS1 and it is exceptionally good in how it handles color. I have used my Sony rx10Iv a lot and my XS1 hardly ever since I got the Sony. I am always lamenting how much better Fuji handles color. Particularly reddish sunset scenes I finallly just had enough of that so I bought a Fuji XS10 with a Fringer adaptor and a Tamron 16-300 super zoom lens and that has been better overall of course that is not really the fixed lens solution you asked for

Another great feature of the XS1 is the macro. And super macro modes. The Tamron 16-300 is actually decent for close ups. The review of that lens here on dpreview is a good description.

you probably realize already the XS1 lens is pretty good at short focal lengths but pretty soft from mid zoom to full zoom  so if you are happy with the XS1 you can disregard any comments about the Tamron 16-300 being soft at full zoom   The XS1 is softer

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow