Capture One - latest update

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jfriend00 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,272
Re: Capture One - latest update

Robgo2 wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Jestertheclown wrote:

jfriend00 wrote:

I personally wouldn't wait to upgrade to v21 until later this year trying to get an even better deal. Either upgrade now so you can enjoy it's features immediately (if your workflow would benefit from the new features) or wait until v22 early next year.

I think you'll find that Capture One traditionally releases its newest version, in this case, V22, in September/October.

"It's good to be . . . . . . . . . Me!"

It will be Oct 31 or Nov 1.

I'm trying to think of what new features or improvements to existing features I would want in C1-22, and the thing that comes to the top of my mind is noise reduction on a level with DxO's Deep Prime. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with v21 as it is, although I'm certain that other users can think of many more potential improvements.

I'm not holding my breath for this, but I'd like integrated pano merging from the RAWs like LR has that then produces something like a DNG that is still raw editable.  That would save me lots of steps in my C1 pano workflow, especially when I have multiple panos to build.

Right now, I have to do any major adjustments first on the RAWs, then export to 16-bit TIFFs, pano merge in PTGui, do any pano stretching or bending of edges in Affinity Photo, then import back into C1 and finish editing.  This could be a lot fewer steps with built-in pano merging.

-- hide signature --

John

jfriend00's gear list:jfriend00's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow