Dehumidifying dry cabinet advice

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Vikas M Gore
Vikas M Gore Senior Member • Posts: 2,485
Dehumidifying dry cabinet advice

This is not really a Leica question though it relates to my mostly Leica gear. I live in Washington D.C. and Singapore. In Singapore, with year-round high humidity I do have a cabinet but when we decided to spend more time in D.C. than in Singapore I thought I wouldn’t really need one in North America. Now in summer, I realize that the weather can get quite hot and humid In D.C.

To avoid irritating my wife with cameras lying around the house need a cupboard to store my cameras and lenses anyway, so I figured I may as well get a dehumidifying cabinet.  I’m looking at a Forspark 120L cabinet because I suspect I may need two and I can stack a second one on top. They have a larger one but it’s a vertical format with the footprint being too small to accommodate a telephoto lens like the 90-280 not removed from the SL2 body. Also I’m seriously intending to reduce my equipment so a larger one may not be necessary in the end.

Any opionons of the Forspark brand or any better options? I’m aware of Ruggard but not much else. The one I have in Singapore is a brand I don’t remember but I suspect it was some inexpensive knock-off. Not great looking and basic, but it does the job.

I’d appreciate any suggestions.

-- hide signature --

- Vikas

Vikas M Gore's gear list:Vikas M Gore's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica SL2 Leica M10
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow