How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,133
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

contadorfan wrote:

Thank you for linking to your Flickr account. I saw much there that I truly enjoyed. What an interesting eye you have!

Thanks... I'll say though that I've been doing this photography thing since I was a kid, some three decades ago and only very recently have I felt like I've gotten much beyond "cameras are cool, now what do I do with this thing?" I've only recently gotten to the point where the stuff that I create has meaning to me, though I never assume that this means that it's going to resonate with other people. I do think that it's a start though. I've shown the stuff in a few local spots, a coffee shop and wine bar and I'd like to show more but to be honest, I haven't exactly turned the city upside-down to find more opportunities to show the stuff. Promoting one's self can be the hardest part, though as I keep saying the most important thing is to keep it interesting for yourself... and all else follows that.

I took a look at your work on here on DPR. Some really fine images there... I liked the landscape, city scape and architectural detail stuff the best. You seem to have a good eye for color, which is something that I don't shoot as much of, though I do appreciate it. I kind of think that at some point I'll get tired of the B&W stuff and start doing more in color... but that's a more difficult proposition for me because my brain doesn't really think so easily in that way. Challenges are good though...

-- hide signature --
 Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow