Photography is fun again! Move from Canon 80D to Fuji XT4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SlothRock Junior Member • Posts: 29
Photography is fun again! Move from Canon 80D to Fuji XT4

Hey all - just thought I'd share some quick positivity here :). I'm a beginner/hobbyist photographer and have always been into photography even way back when I was in highschool. I got into it from a photography course where we used regular ol' film DSLR's and self-developed our own images. It was super fun but after I left highschool I stopped taking pictures with an SLR and started taking them with my phone as most do.

Well, a few years ago I got a Canon 80D in anticipation for my first international trip to Italy. I loved being able to have a real camera that had so many lens options for travel purposes and I ended up using it on a few trips thereafter. After awhile, though, the weight and size got to me and I opted to take it with me to less and less places. That and I also didn't splurge on the nice lenses so my image quality I always felt was just "OK".

Well fast forward to today where I'm preparing for a trip to Africa and felt like I wanted to actually USE my camera gear again and not only for this trip but for consistent photography moving forward. I've always enjoyed Fuji colors and pictures I've seen here and have loved their size so when I found a fantastic deal on a used XT4 on this forum I decided to make the leap.

It's been a couple weeks since owning this camera (Just with the 18-55mm kit lens) and I'm absolutely blown away. I ended up watching a 2 hr YouTube video to really get a grip around how to use the features/functions of this little beast and I feel happier than ever taking pictures. Not only is it WAY easier to carry around/transport places, the photo quality is ASTOUNDING to me (Although I know some pros here may scoff at me saying that for a kit lens :)). Lastly, just using the thing is a joy. I never understood when people said they just enjoy using the Fuji system but now I 100% get it. The old-school dials, ease of menu system (relatively), system responsiveness, etc. is all top knotch. I know I'm in the honeymoon phase but am absolutely stoked that I made the leap.

Hope you're all having a great day!

SlothRock's gear list:SlothRock's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow