Just received my K1ii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kitsios_spyros
kitsios_spyros Senior Member • Posts: 2,837
Just received my K1ii

So, I received the beauty! What a camera!! I should have not resisted that long. Taking nothing away from the excellence of my beloved Kp, K1ii is an exceptional tool. Bigger but at the limits of what I consider acceptable for me and while using it I just love everything about it! First impression is that the SR plus the excellent grip give me lower shutter speeds than I am used to with my previous cameras. Huge point if it proves true.

The HD coatings work miracles on the 28-105 kit zoom. I am glad I took the decision to order it along with the camera. I also tested my Tamron 28-75/2.8 and my HD40Ltd and I used the Raynox 150 with all of them. On the 40Ltd MFD is significantly reduced and I see no draw backs. Using the zooms on their long end and in 1:1 crop mode I have I very usable near 1:2 magnification.

My first impression regarding IQ is that there is a cleanness in the files until ISO 320 that reminds me the clarity and cleanness of my K10d at base ISO, but with 3.6x the resolution plus 3.5 stops of extra DR range to push shadows as needed, without worrying about noise, grain or other. Some random shots at ISO 1000 and ISO 3200 look very malleable and my K3/Kp presets in LR seem applicable just fine.

Finally the big OVF is addictive to use. I understand why it is a big selling point on K3iii and future Pentax cameras.

Happy camper. Here are some shot with no to minimal PP. Already planning the next trials with FA50/1.4, HD70Ltd and SMC135/2.5!

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards,
Spyros

kitsios_spyros's gear list:kitsios_spyros's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Samsung NX300 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP +13 more
Pentax K10D Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow