the double shutter speed rule ruins your video

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Entropy512 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,304
Re: the double shutter speed rule ruins your video

Svetlov Misha wrote:

tnx for exp, what camera do you use for fast rsh? mine is sony a6300 or panasonic gx80 or any canons has bad rsh on 4k

VENICE?

I'm not sure if the A1 uses the stacked-DRAM buffer for video shots.  The A9/A9II, notably, do not.  They've got pretty good readout rates, but not amazing, in video modes.  (Their rolling shutter performance for stills is incredible).

The A7S3 greatly improves rolling shutter without exotic stacked-BSI sensors by keeping pixel counts low.

In short - if you want high resolution AND good rolling shutter, you'll be paying a LOT of money unless you're using a smartphone sensor.

(Smaller sensors can use exotic tricks like stacked DRAM for much lower cost, which is why Exmor RS sensors have been standard in cell phones for years but are still exotic and rare for anything larger than 1".  The readout properties of stacked sensors are a key component of the burst-stacking techniques common for mobile photography.)

-- hide signature --

Context is key. If I have quoted someone else's post when replying, please do not reply to something I say without reading text that I have quoted, and understanding the reason the quote function exists.

Entropy512's gear list:Entropy512's gear list
Sony a6000 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Sony a6300 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow