DoF may not exist...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg7579
Greg7579 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,041
Re: It is Science and Perception

DMillier wrote:

I know, hence my emotional outburst yesterday.

You guys are so desperate to get me to run tests I don't understand and have no interest in.  But in my mind, I tested again today in Iceland.  How many tests did I run?  136.  I will post ten of them tonight when I do post and get some wifi.

Let's make it easy and let me relieve your stress

I will agree with you guys that the DOF tables are accurate and that there is one stop difference between FF and GFX.

Now you guys use you apertures and pull out the tables and I'll shoot my apertures and not pull out the tables.

It won't matter to me.  It might mess up new GFX shooters but they will learn on their own once they see it on the wild.

Have you ever had Icelandic Spotted Catfish that they catch at 500 meters deep in the fjords?  I'm about to eat some.

Cheers and best to you all.  No worries about this silly GFX DOF argument.  I concede.

Now let's carry on and talk about how best to shoot GFX.  I say point the camera at something pretty and set it at F8.  Hold the camera like you would the Holy Grail.. If it lacks absolute sharpness in post, delete it.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow