Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,134
Re: Because

tbcass wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

tbcass wrote:

See my previous sentences which address those issues. One of the most important things in any business is good customer relations. If the client feels the photographer is being unfair or ripping them off they will make sure they tell everybody they know not to hire them.

And yet, that's not what happens with the higher end of the market. The higher end wants an experience; they don't want to get their hands dirty with 'raw' files.

It should be obvious I am not talking about the higher-end market. I'm talking about us slobs who have to go into debt to pay for overpriced weddings.

You said I'd get replaced because I didn't offer them. It wasn't at all clear that you were not directly addressing the high end market.

Since I was stating that the high cost of weddings in general and photographers, in particular, was a problem I thought it was clear I was not referring to the high-end market which is made up of people with money to burn. All the common middle-class people I know are looking for every way possible to keep wedding costs down. This is especially true as more and more people are paying for their own weddings. Both of my kids paid a substantial part of the cost for their own weddings with help from the parents of both the bride and groom.

It seems that you're conflating the cost of wedding photography with the idea of the photographers keeping the RAW images, which by the way is standard practice. If you really can't afford a photographer, or simply feel that there are better things to spend your money on then there are other options, like having a friend do it (and hoping for the best with that) or having disposable film cameras on every table so that guests can shoot more informal type photos (something that's actually done a lot).

-- hide signature --
 Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow