PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
bob5050 Senior Member • Posts: 2,670
Re: Let's turn it around...

henricoo wrote:

And let's turn it around. In case no DSLR's existed but just MILC, should it be realistic to assume a camera brand would developed a DSLR to solve problems of a MILC? I don't think so...

Interesting thought experiment, but needs expanded on.

The central 'problem' of both MILC and SLR design, I propose, is really this: that the recording device (film or sensor) and the photographer are sharing the same light input when each really needs all of it. The SLR solves this by the mirror redirecting the light, whereas the MILC solves it by giving the photographer a reconstructed image of what the recording device picks up--the sensor can be continuously exposed, essentially, only because the photographer is no longer a direct customer of the light stream.

So the 'correct' solution for either design would be to go back to dual lens reflex--give each customer their own light supply <g>.

Engineering is always a trade-off...

-- hide signature --

bob5050
Happily exploring my new K-3 mark III

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow